Next New Media

Another kind of new media that hasnt been invented yet could be an interface that allows you to see peoples names, something like Shazam for real life, so then you can always be cordial and it could foster interactions amongst individuals. It could work through a pair of glasses or somehow be connected through your smart phone. The awkwardness of forgetting the guy's name who sits down the hall from you 10 times in the past week would disappear and it could hopefully negate one of the effects of new media which is the decreased amount of social interaction between one another.  

Comments

  1. This is pretty great idea! I mean I suck at remembering names and this would surely help me avoid the embarrassment of not being able to greet someone by their name and like you mentioned it will great make a person more socially interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea! many of us do forget people name, and having this as a daily tool can be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true. I meet so many people and forget their names instantly. Not something I am proud off, but I believe it happens quite often to everyone. An app like that would be really cool, although it is hard for me to see how this can work and how it can detect their name. Maybe in a few years something like this will be created and it will be the next big thing. With all the innovative technology out there, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can visualize this idea coming into reality really soon. It reminds me of that one episode on "Black Mirror" where everyone knew what class they belonged to meaning socially and economically. Maybe it will start off as names and grow more advanced throughout the years, perhaps fostering individuals occupation, age, race, etc. This idea can also help before a job interview or even in a work environment where we are so concered in our work that we sometimes forget our co-workers name as new faces come and go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P2P

HW Creativity